Sunday, July 13, 2014
Chapter 6 Curriculum 21
Reading this chapter got my mind wondering: why don't we do more on a global scale? Look at it from my end which is a kindergarten teacher I often think we have not tapped into their little minds enough. They are like sponges and things like a second language would be so easy for them. Learning about another country would be so interesting and easy to do. As education changes and global awareness is within our reach, why hasn't the powers that be grabbed hold and made it available to our students. Maybe because we are too busy trying to improve our test scores.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think you nailed it! We are too worried about test scores. It was interesting looking at other countries and their assessment systems. I did not read about any other country who assesses their students as much as we do.
ReplyDelete